Visual editors for 11 types of S1000D data modules. UI of these editors is quite friendly. It doesn’t require any knowledge of XML.
Descriptive data module editor: allows to describe product design, functions, designated use and other info in the form of text, tables, illustrations and references.
Procedural information editor: allows to create step-by-step product maintenance procedures. Each operation is described by its purpose, tools to be used, consumables, human resources and etc. Illustrations of each operation can be provided in the form of 3D models or multimedia objects (flash, video).
Fault-Isolation procedure editor: allows to create descriptions of logical procedures and flow charts for fault isolation. Such procedures can contain actions\steps, control questions or conditions for transition to the next actions\steps. As alternative, fault isolation procedure can be represented in the form of a flow chart.
Scheduled Maintenance editor: allows to define groups of maintenance tasks for limited lifetime items, etc.
Illustrated Parts Catalogue Editor: allows to develop catalogs of parts, spares, materials, tools, etc. IPC editor also allows to import data in CSV and XLS format. Catalogued items can be hyperlinked with the parts of 3D-models or hotspots on raster/vector illustrations.
Applicability management tools
TG Builder supports different applicability rules according to ASD S1000D v.4.1. For that purpose TG Builder includes applicability rules editor, which allows to create such rules, validate them as well as import/export such application rules in xml.
Project management tools
TG Builder provides a number of key functions for project management, including:
- project schedule development;
- distribution of tasks between team members;
- implementation review;
- workflows for review, approval and publication procedures, also using the digital signature.
Particular attention is paid to support common business-rules, to be used in complex projects. According to ASD S1000D such business-rules define: codes for systems/subsystems of the product (SNS), units of measure, list of access panels, warnings/caution/notes, list of abbreviations and so on. Business-rules dramatically reduce the required to combine single parts of a publication into an “integrated publication”.
CSDB management and routine tasks tools
- analysis of integrity and correctness of references/hyperlinks;
- searching/replace text expressions (based on regular and conditional expressions);
- definition illustration and hotspot properties using templates;
- definition of data module details using templates (such as: issuer Id, contract number, etc.);
- commenting tools.
Built-in tools for multimedia objects
- raster and vector images (BMP, JPEG, TIFF, GIF, CGM, SVG, WMG, EMF, DWG, DXF),
- 3D models in IPA, RH, XVL (special compressed 3D-data format supporting all major CAD systems).
- Video and Flash
TG Builder allows to develop documentation in different languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Arabic and others, supported by the Unicode standard.
Developing multi-language documentation, some text can be translated using special CAT tools like “Trados”, “Transit” and the like: information about the format of the publication is encoded in XML and is left by the CAT system intact.
TG Builder also includes a spellchecker with different dictionaries for different languages.
TG Builderinterface is available in English or Russian. Dubbing into other languages is also possible.
Data Base Management System
At the moment TG Builder is based on Oracle DBMS version 11 or 12. We also plan to support Postgre SQL starting from the mid-2016.
TG Builder has a built-in TG Browser free app for viewing interactive electronic manuals in PDB format.
This app allows to view all the data modules generated in TG Builder including those with applicability rules. It has search and commenting tools.
TG Browser allows to view 2D and 3D illustrations and animations, search and add to cart spare parts and other items from electronic catalogs.
It allows to view interactive fault isolation procedures in dialog mode
Also with TG Browser you can verify the authenticity of documents using a digital signature, print documentation, view necessary tools for maintenance, and more. TG Browser Capabilities cover most of the functional requirements of ASD S1000D.
TG Browser supports MS Windows XP or later.
TG Builder suite applications
TG Builder suite is available in two editions: Lite Edition dedicated for single users, and Enterprise Edition dedicated for workgroups.
TG Builder consists of the following applications:
- TG Builder (core) — the main tool designed to work with CSDB, develop data modules and create technical publications;
- TG Designer — develop templates, business rules;
- TG Administrator — manage user accounts;
- TG Browser — a built-in viewer for interactive electronic technical manuals;
- TG Server — application server that supports multi-user operation with CSDB (available only for Enterprise Edition).